Sunday, December 16, 2012

Hudson, FL - Tampa Bay area - Best for Me

Google
After almost two years of house sitting all across the USA, Florida's fantastic weather, beautiful beaches, fishing opportunities and laid back life style for retirees have won out over all other places. I remember reading somewhere years ago that everyone who decides to move to Florida asks the Governor to "please close the state to any more people."  I understand why.

Although Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and so many other areas are plagued with traffic; even though if you go to www.crimereports.com and find tons of crime in almost every part of each major metro in Florida (and every other state, for that matter); even though you can't speak English in some parts of the state and expect to be understood...none of this matters to me.  

I'm slowly disconnecting from what Gary Renard calls our "psycho planet" as best I can.  For example, although I still listen to Rush and Fox News on occasion, I am disconnecting from politics. The re-election of Obama and the already-forecast Hilary ticket in 2016 are helping me decide that no matter what happens, it doesn't affect my place here in this world of form. Part of me is sad to see the noble USA falling from excellence to a much smaller, lower place driven by people whose world view I just cannot understand. But another part of me knows that this is all illusory and not real in the sense of ACIM.  So...this retirement in Florida beckons me to enjoy the years I have ahead, to meet and make new friends, to dance like no one is watching, as they say, and to get more and more into my "right mind."

So...for the last month I've been house sitting in Hudson, FL.  Here are some pics that illustrate some of the scenery and the very sweet 13-year old Black Labrador, Maggie, who has been in my care for the last month.  She's a true sweetie (what dog isn't???) and we've bonded in many ways.

Livin' life and Lovin' it in Florida.

Mermaid show at Weeki Wachee Springs

Werner-Boyce Salt Springs State Park near Tampa. They have a 1/2 mile "nature walk" that's really peaceful.

Maggie sniffing who knows what at the Werner-Boyce park

A typical 7:00 AM walk with Maggie in Hudson, FL

A net-casting fisherman pulling in 10-15 mullet at a time at the Baypoint Harbor pier in Spring Hills, FL. A great
little fishing spot. You can use bobbers and bait, or fish on the bottom with a sinker.  I saw manatee, otters, dolphins, gators and all kinds of birds on various trips to Baypoint Harbor. One of the guys on the pier caught some blue crabs. 

Yep. Lots of seagulls here at Baypoint.

A foggy morning as we take our 7:00AM walk. The day turned into another wonderful Florida 80-degree day once the 
fog burned off. No wonder all us older folks, "seasoned citizens," want to live here in waning years. I met some people
from "The Villages" who said "Florida is God's waiting room."  LOL  What a great way to think about retirement. 







No comments:

Post a Comment